Betty, Kern, and Michael in Davis, and Kate and David and Jackson and Jaron in San Diego, send you the very warmest wishes for this holiday season.
Below you will find the now-traditional slideshow of our family's year, a little audio you can choose while you watch the slides, and a link to our birthday present to the patriarch: W. Kern Holoman: Memoirs. The slideshow takes about five minutes; you can also click in the lower left corner of the slideshow screen to go and browse one-by-one.
Friday, December 24, 2010
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Mozart: Sinfonia Concertante for Violin, Viola and Orchestra in E-flat major, K. 364 (320d), movt. II. Shawyon Malek-Salehi, violin; Andy Tan, viola; UCDSO, D. Kern Holoman conducting (June 2010)
Some clips from Bach's B-Minor Mass, Davis Chorale and Orchestra, D. Kern Holoman conducting (June 2010):
- Bach: B-Minor Mass: Gloria in excelsis Deo (mp3, 01:45, 2.37MB)
- Bach: B-Minor Mass: Qui sedes ad dextram Patris (Sonia Gariaeff, mezzo-soprano; Laura Reynolds, oboe d'amore) (mp3, 01:12, 1.64MB)
- Bach: B-Minor Mass: Et resurrexit (conclusion) (mp3, 01:45, 2.37MB)
- For his 90th birthday, we e-published Kern Holoman : Memoirs and Other Writings (pdf 1.3MB)
- As part of Music 10's ongoing commitment to keep up with the evolving world (including the high price of textbooks), D. Kern reclaimed the copyright and republished Masterworks in e-book form (10.8 MB), free to students, in September 2010.
- 2010 MFA Exhibition Catalogue, UCDavis Department of Art and Art History, in California Digital Library's e-Scholarship project.
We have had some 6,000 family slides and prints digitized (in India), as well as a substantial number of historic photographs placed in the Department of Music archive on Kern's retirement from the UCD Symphony Orchestra. Here are some samples:
- ► 2016 (8)
- ► 2015 (16)
- ▼ 2010 (3)